Maternal & Child Health, Women's Health Issues
Upon completion of this seminar the students should be able to describe
- Maternal Health, Children's and Women's programs administered by state and local health departments.
- The main policy and management issues in Maternal and Child Health programs
- The role of local public health agencies in developing programs for Women.
- The contribution of of local health departments to reducing morbidity & mortality among children and pregnant women.
- The value of the MCH programs in improving the health of the community.
Women's health studies
Family support services
Community services (non governmental)
The health needs of children, adolescents, and women are unique. Programs designed for these populations should be tailored to these needs.